Account Opening Procedure
A person may open a Customer Account with DBL Securities Limited. On the other hand, Institutional investors may, if they wish, open more than one account with us.
Any interested person can open a Beneficiary Owner’s (BO) account by fulfilling some specific procedures after payment of certain amount of charges, which shall be fixed by the management as per SEC rules provided they are
- Individuals who are not minor;
- Individuals who are not of unsound mind;
- Individuals who have not applied to be adjudicated as an insolvent, have not suspended payments and have not compounded with their creditors;
- Individuals who are not undischarged insolvent;
- Corporate entities, societies
BO Account Opening & Documentation:
For opening a new BO account, Clients are required to collect ‘Account Information Form’ from any of our branches and submit the Form after duly filled in by the clients. The ‘Account Information Form’ must accompany the following documents:
For Resident Bangladeshi (Individual & Joint):
- Introduced by existing Account Holder
- Photocopy of National ID card/Passport of the Account Holder
- Bank account statement of Account Holder (for Joint A/C Bank account statement of first applicant)/Bank Certificate
- Recent Passport size Photograph (2 copies) of A/C holder and in opposite side of photograph A/C Holder’s signature must be attested by Introducer
- Recent Passport size Photograph (2 copies) of 2nd Applicant and in opposite side of photograph A/C Holder’s signature must be attested by the 1st Account Holder
- Recent Passport size Photograph (1 copy) of Nominee and in opposite side of photograph, nominee’s signature must be attested by A/C holder
- Recent Passport Size photograph of Authorized person (if applicable) and Power of Attorney must be signed by A/C Holder
- Photocopy of National ID card/Valid Passport of Power of Attorney
- Nominee is mandatory for individual and Joint Account.
For Non-Resident Bangladeshi (Individual & Joint):
- Photocopy of Passport / Social Security Card / Resident Card etc. (either one) duly attested .If you want to open your account from a foreign country then attestation needs to be done the respective Bangladesh Embassy or High Commission.
- Certificate of an FC account with any Bank with branch in Bangladesh.
- (Two) Passport size photographs, containing account holder’s signature on the back, duly attested. (If you want to open your account from a foreign country then attestation needs to be done the respective Bangladesh Embassy or High Commission)
- Nominee’s signature and 2 (Two) passport size photographs containing nominee’s signature on the back (duly attested by the investor) in the account opening form.
- Employment certificate / trade license copy / work permit or Pay slip / tax return document (either one) as a proof of earning status of the NRB
- A nominated person with POA (Power of Attorney) who will sign trading documents on behalf of you while you are abroad. His/her photo (attested by the NRB) and signature in the account opening form (POA can be any adult person of legal age residing in Bangladesh). Or
- There is another option. Dhaka Bank Limited is providing Custodial Service to its valuable NRB clients. Here you need to sign on an agreement to give us the authority for maintaining the account on your behalf as per your instruction. Till now, we are providing this service at free of cost.
- If you have an intention to repatriate your investment, you will need to open a NITA a/c.
- Board Resolution/Partners’ letter of authority regarding opening of BO Account
- Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association/ Partnership deed / Trustee deed
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation/Valid Trade license
- Certificate of Commencement of Business (Public Limited Company)
- TIN/BIN Certificate
- Photocopy of National ID/Passport of Authorized person
- Recent passport size photographs (2 copies) of Authorized person
- Bank Statement of the Company/Bank Certificate